Massage Techniques from Around the World, 5 CE
Massage Techniques From Around The World, 5 CE
NCBTMB Approved Massage Continuing Education
Massage Techniques From Around the World introduces different massage approaches and techniques that you can incorporate into your own massage session. You’ll find an overview on topics and/or in-depth information on the most popular protocols that are used in the U.S. and around the world.
This CEU course includes information on the following:
- Maya Abdominal
- Ayurvedic Massage
- Cactus Massage
- Cancer/Oncology Massage
- Creole Bamboo
- Hilot Filipino
- Essential Oils and CAM
- Lomi Lomi
- Manual Lymph Drainage
- Neuromuscular Therapy
Practice Exam Questions – Screenshot or photo so you have the exam questions as you move through the course.
1. Whom did Lord Brahma teach the science of Ayurveda?
2. How many Marma points are there in the body?
3. What is the life giving energy running through the body called?
4. How many Marma points are on the head and neck?
5. What is the name of the “Cactus Pieces” used for Cactus Massage?
c) Nopal Juice
d) Aloe Vera
6. The term “carcinogen” is defined as:
a) a benign tumor
b) a term that defines a tumor
c) means the absence of cancer
d) an agent that can cause cancer such as a toxin
7. Leukemia is defined as:
a) Cancer of white blood cells or a cancer of the cells that develop into white blood cells
b) Myeloma, cancer of bone marrow
c) Lymphoma, cancer of the Lymph Nodes
d) Benign tumor
8. The treatment of Chemotherapy involves:
a) Cold baths
c) Alternative medicines
9. Immunotherapy focuses on:
a) Stimulating the immune system
b) Using hydrotherapy during treatment
c) Using only alternative methods of treatment
d) Using light therapy to treat the cells
Creole Bamboo Massage
10. Bamboo sticks are used to perform tapotement at __________________ per minute
a) 10 – 12 beats
b) 100 – 120 beats
c) 120 – 140 beats
d) 60 – 80 beats
11. Bamboo sticks are generally filled with either rice or _________
d) Coconut pieces
12. Hilot Filipino originated in
c) South America
13. The “father” of hydrotherapy is:
a) Dr. Sitz
b) Father Joseph
c) Father Sebastian Kneipp
d) Dr. McNally
14. In signs of stages of inflammation, LOF stands for:
a) Loss of feeling
b) Loss of facts
c) Loss of function
d) Loss of face
15. “Watsu” is a type of ____________________
a) Aquatic Massage
c) Hot Sauce
d) Bamboo stick
16. The term “Lomi” in Hawaiian culture means:
17. At times, different tools are added into the “Lomi Lomi” massage and include:
a) Sticks and Rice
b) Stones and Rice
c) Herbs and Rice
d) Sticks, Stones and Herbs
Manual Lymph Drainage
18. Manual Lymph Drainage has the history of originating in Germany or?
19. The lymphatic system is a complex drainage or _____________ system
20. The Lymphatic System has how many “pumps”?
21. The Cisterna Chyli is the largest?
a) Lymph Node
b) Thoracic Duct
d) Closed System
22. The Cisterna Chylii is located in the?
a) Thoracic Cavity
b) Abdominal Cavity
d) Femoral Triangle
23. The Cisterna Chylii is one of ________________ reservoirs of the lymph system
24. “T.P.” stands for
a) Trigger Point
b) Touch Practice
c) Teach Protocol
d) Treatment Practice
25. Trigger Points are
a) Not sensitive
- You have 3 opportunities to take the test to reach the 70% passing grade.
- The final exam questions are available for your review prior to the test. You may screenshot/take a photo of the questions so you have them available as you review the course. Write down your answers as you read through the course and then transfer them to the final exam.
- Important exam answer information is in BOLD throughout the course.
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification.
- Courses are available immediately
- All courses and certificates are available in your account for one year. Make sure to save your certifications. After 1 year, your account is no longer available.
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
- Courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other national associations for massage license renewal
- View “State Requirements”, “Our Approvals” and “Instructions” on the top bar of the website or in the phone menu
- If this course is part of a “course bundle”, you may only complete a total of 12 CE’S in one calendar day. This information is available on your receipt of purchase and in the bundle description.
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Fill out your billing details and student licensing information (student name, licensing number, renewal state). The student information must appear on the certificate in order to meet licensing renewal requirements. ONLY PURCHASE FOR ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. LOG OUT COMPLETELY FOR A NEW PURCHASE. EACH STUDENT REQUIRES THEIR OWN SEPARATE PURCHASE, DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEIR OWN ACCOUNT.
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Please wait while it processes. The screen will fade for a moment while all the processes complete.
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course
- Complete the COURSE EVALUATION and progress to the exam
- Pass the exam with 70% and your certificate is emailed to you
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses.
- Save each certificate as you complete the class. Your certificates and your account are available for one year.
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.