Massage Techniques from Around the World, 5 CE
“Massage Techniques From Around The World” will introduce you to many different “wordly” massage techniques. This is a fun and informative class! In this course, you will find overviews and/or in-depth information:
Take the Exam as Many Times As You Like
See the Exam As Soon As You Enter the Course For Studying Purposes
All Answers For The Exam Are in BOLD Throughout The Course
Maya Abdominal, Acupressure, Ashiatsu
Cactus Massage, Cancer/Oncology Massage
Creole Bamboo, Hilot Filipino
Essential Oils and CAM
Hydrotherapy, Lomi Lomi
Manual Lymph Drainage, Neuromuscular Therapy
All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable certification. Courses are available for one year from date of purchase.
Test Questions and Taking The Test
Below is a list of test questions that you will find at the end of the course. The answers are highlighted throughout the course material. At the end of each lesson, you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move ahead to the next section. Once you’ve completed each section, complete the COURSE EVALUATION to move ahead to the EXAM QUESTIONS. Once you pass the exam with a 70%, you may print or download and save your certificate. Even though THERE ARE NO GRADES (this is a pass/fail course), you may take the exam as many times as you like (although it will not change your pass/fail achievement since there are no grades associated with the course). Once you’ve complete the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to take your next course. You must MARK COMPLETE at the end of each section to move ahead.
1. Whom did Lord Brahma teach the science of Ayurveda?
2. How many Marma points are there in the body?
3. What is the life giving energy running through the body called?
4. How many Marma points are on the head and neck?
5. What is the name of the “Cactus Pieces” used for Cactus Massage?
c) Nopal Juice
d) Aloe Vera
6. The term “carcinogen” is defined as:
a) a benign tumor
b) a term that defines a tumor
c) means the absence of cancer
d) an agent that can cause cancer such as a toxin
7. Leukemia is defined as:
a) Cancer of white blood cells or a cancer of the cells that develop into white blood cells
b) Myeloma, cancer of bone marrow
c) Lymphoma, cancer of the Lymph Nodes
d) Benign tumor
8. The treatment of Chemotherapy involves:
a) Cold baths
c) Alternative medicines
9. Immunotherapy focuses on:
a) Stimulating the immune system
b) Using hydrotherapy during treatment
c) Using only alternative methods of treatment
d) Using light therapy to treat the cells
Creole Bamboo Massage
10. Bamboo sticks are used to perform tapotement at __________________ per minute
a) 10 – 12 beats
b) 100 – 120 beats
c) 120 – 140 beats
d) 60 – 80 beats
11. Bamboo sticks are generally filled with either rice or _________
d) Coconut pieces
12. Hilot Filipino originated in
c) South America
13. The “father” of hydrotherapy is:
a) Dr. Sitz
b) Father Joseph
c) Father Sebastian Kneipp
d) Dr. McNally
14. In signs of stages of inflammation, LOF stands for:
a) Loss of feeling
b) Loss of facts
c) Loss of function
d) Loss of face
15. “Watsu” is a type of ____________________
a) Aquatic Massage
c) Hot Sauce
d) Bamboo stick
16. The term “Lomi” in Hawaiian culture means:
17. At times, different tools are added into the “Lomi Lomi” massage and include:
a) Sticks and Rice
b) Stones and Rice
c) Herbs and Rice
d) Sticks, Stones and Herbs
Manual Lymph Drainage
18. Manual Lymph Drainage has the history of originating in Germany or?
19. The lymphatic system is a complex drainage or _____________ system
20. The Lymphatic System has how many “pumps”?
21. The Cisterna Chyli is the largest?
a) Lymph Node
b) Thoracic Duct
d) Closed System
22. The Cisterna Chylii is located in the?
a) Thoracic Cavity
b) Abdominal Cavity
d) Femoral Triangle
23. The Cisterna Chylii is one of ________________ reservoirs of the lymph system
24. “T.P.” stands for
a) Trigger Point
b) Touch Practice
c) Teach Protocol
d) Treatment Practice
25. Trigger Points are
a) Not sensitive
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.