Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
An NCBTMB Approved Massage Continuing Education Course
Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Massage Therapy
Understanding a variety of medical conditions that you may encounter as a massage therapist is important and that is why science is such an necessary aspect of massage continuing education courses. In most cases, illnesses and disease processes are well-defined, have a specific cause and treatment approach. However, some diseases may present with an unknown cause, leading to a nonspecific diagnosis. Two of those conditions include chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
As a massage therapist, you may have a client who is experiencing the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia, with or without an ‘official’ diagnosis.
This course discusses chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, and is structured to provide you with the basic information you need in order to:
- Understand the similarities and differences between chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Define potential causes of each
- Identify how fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome affect the body
- Differentiate between a tender point and a trigger point
- Determine which techniques may best suit your clients depending on scenario
- Explain to your clients the benefits of massage for chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia
Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Massage Exam Question
*Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia are often diagnosed as:
*In most cases, an immunologist or a ______ may research chronic fatigue syndrome.
*A client with chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia may exhibit signs of wariness in regard to public perception due to:
*Women between the ages of ______ are most often diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome.
*Chronic fatigue syndrome may be just as debilitating as:
*Fibromyalgia affects mainly the:
*Neurotransmitters are responsible for:
*Emotional stress caused by chronic fatigue syndrome:
*Fibromyalgia eventually causes:
*This hormone is known as the ‘happy hormone’:
*Fibromyalgia is most often diagnosed in women between the ages of:
*According to the National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association, fibromyalgia affects approximately __________ people in the U.S. to date:
*The term ‘myofascia’ refers to:
*Tender points associated with fibromyalgia are defined as:
*When taking care of a client with fibromyalgia it is recommended that you have them:
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: None of the health topics presented here are intended to replace personal judgment nor medical treatment when indicated, nor are they intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always talk to your naturopathic physician about the use of these or any other adjunct modalities. This information is for educational purposes only.
- Students will have 3 opportunities to take the test and achieve a 70% passing grade.
- The final exam questions are available for your review prior to the test. You may print/screenshot/take a photo of the questions so you have them available as you review the course. Write down your answers as you read through the course and then transfer them to the final exam.
- Important exam answer information is in BOLD throughout the course.
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification.
- Courses are available immediately
- All courses and certificates are available in your account for one year. Make sure to save your certifications. After 1 year, your account is no longer available.
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
- Courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other national associations for massage license renewal
- View “State Requirements”, “Our Approvals” and “Instructions” on the top bar of the website or in the phone menu
- If this course is part of a “course bundle”, you may only complete a total of 12 CE’S in one calendar day. This information is available on your receipt of purchase and in the bundle description.
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Fill out your billing details and student licensing information (student name, licensing number, renewal state). The student information must appear on the certificate in order to meet licensing renewal requirements. ONLY PURCHASE FOR ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. LOG OUT COMPLETELY FOR A NEW PURCHASE. EACH STUDENT REQUIRES THEIR OWN SEPARATE PURCHASE, DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEIR OWN ACCOUNT.
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Please wait while it processes. The screen will fade for a moment while all the processes complete.
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course
- Complete the COURSE EVALUATION and progress to the exam
- Pass the exam with 70% and your certificate is emailed to you
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses.
- Save each certificate as you complete the class. Your certificates and your account are available for one year.
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.