Business Practices for the Massage Therapist, 1 CE
Business Practices for the Massage Therapist
In this NCBTMB approved massage continuing education CEU, we’ll cover business aspects as related to the field.
As a massage therapist, your ethics and conduct in the field are just as important to your success as your skills. Knowing, understanding and integrating a code of eithics and standards of conduct into your work approach is not only expected, but essential in the field.
Recommended by the various professional massage and bodywork associations, developing, maintaining and continually striving to enhance a professional image helps, not only the individual massage therapist, but the overall field in order to preserve our “much strived for” credibility.
You may download and print the following Final Exam Questions HERE
Business Practices for Massage Therapist Exam Questions
Why would a massage therapist decide to spend more time with a new client who has never had massage before?
- To explain the session, what the client can expect and to mention “professional draping standards”.
- To be sure the client understands the forms of payment accepted (cash only, no credit cards, etc.)
- To get to know a bit more about their personal or professional lifestyles.
- To share your credentials, awards and your educational background with the client.
How long (approximately) does it take someone to form an “opinion” or “first impression” about a person?
- 15 seconds
- 20 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 60 seconds
When dealing with complaints, it is helpful to be able to?
- Slip away, leaving a co-worker to deal with a customer complaint.
- “Think on your feet”
- Quickly find your manager
- Have a good hiding place
- Stance and facial expressions
- All of the answers are correct
- Attitude and tone
One of the best ways to set standards when it comes to spa staffing and expectations is to?
- keep all policies “vague” in case you need to change your mind at a later date
- tell one person knowing that the information will be passed along to their co-workers
- create a Policies and Procedures handbook
- send text messages out to the staff as issues arise
Outside of the cost, what is one of the most important aspects to consider when deciding to rent a space for your massage therapy practice?
- Curb appeal
- Office supplies
- Limited Lending Company
- Limited Liability Company
- Limited, Leasing Company
- Limited, Liability, Cash
More than 50% of business fail within __________________ (how long)?
- 24 months
- 18 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
When making decisions, it is important to ________?
- Not report your income to the IRS
- Always assume you will make more money than you originally plan
- Not sign any type of leasing agreement
- Weigh out the pros and cons
- You will have 3 opportunities to take the exam.
- The final exam questions are available for your review prior to the test. You may print/screenshot/take a photo of the questions so you have them available as you review the course. Write down your answers as you read through the course and then transfer them to the final exam.
- Important exam answer information is in BOLD throughout the course.
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification.
- Courses are available immediately
- All courses and certificates are available in your account for one year. Make sure to save your certifications. After 1 year, your account is no longer available.
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
- Courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other national associations for massage license renewal
- View “State Requirements”, “Our Approvals” and “Instructions” on the top bar of the website or in the phone menu
- If this course is part of a “course bundle”, you may only complete a total of 12 CE’S in one calendar day. This information is available on your receipt of purchase and in the bundle description.
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Fill out your billing details and student licensing information (student name, licensing number, renewal state). The student information must appear on the certificate in order to meet licensing renewal requirements. Check your certificates.
- ONLY PURCHASE FOR ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. LOG OUT COMPLETELY FOR A NEW PURCHASE. EACH STUDENT REQUIRES THEIR OWN SEPARATE PURCHASE, DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEIR OWN ACCOUNT. Do not use an account that you have used for another student.
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Please wait while it processes. The screen will fade for a moment while all the processes complete.
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course
- Complete the COURSE EVALUATION and progress to the exam
- Pass the exam with 70% and your certificate is emailed to you
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses.
- Save each certificate as you complete the class. Your certificates and your account are available for one year.
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.