Business Practices for the Massage Therapist, 1 CE
Business Practices for the Massage Therapist
In this NCBTMB approved massage continuing education CEU, we’ll cover business aspects as related to the field.
As a massage therapist, your ethics and conduct in the field are just as important to your success as your skills. Knowing, understanding and integrating a code of eithics and standards of conduct into your work approach is not only expected, but essential in the field.
Recommended by the various professional massage and bodywork associations, developing, maintaining and continually striving to enhance a professional image helps, not only the individual massage therapist, but the overall field in order to preserve our “much strived for” credibility.
Taking The Course and Test
- Unlimited Test Taking
- See The Exam Before you Begin Viewing the Coursework
- All Answers are in BOLD throughout the course
- Multiple choice exam
- No grades appear on your certificate
- When you pass the exam with 70%, you can download or print your certificate
- Exam questions are below. You may fill out the answers as you read the material.
- At the end of each lesson, you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move ahead to the next section.
- Take the exam as many times as you like to meet the 70% pass rate.
- Once you’ve completed the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to take your next course.
- You must MARK COMPLETE at the bottom of each lesson to move ahead to the next lesson.
- Courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable (and PDF downloading) certification.
- It is suggested to download and save each certificate upon completion since the certificates and the course materials are only available for one year from the date of purchase.
Business Practices for Massage Therapist Exam Questions
Why would a massage therapist decide to spend more time with a new client who has never had massage before?
- To explain the session, what the client can expect and to mention “professional draping standards”.
- To be sure the client understands the forms of payment accepted (cash only, no credit cards, etc.)
- To get to know a bit more about their personal or professional lifestyles.
- To share your credentials, awards and your educational background with the client.
How long (approximately) does it take someone to form an “opinion” or “first impression” about a person?
- 15 seconds
- 20 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 60 seconds
When dealing with complaints, it is helpful to be able to?
- Slip away, leaving a co-worker to deal with a customer complaint.
- “Think on your feet”
- Quickly find your manager
- Have a good hiding place
- Stance and facial expressions
- All of the answers are correct
- Attitude and tone
One of the best ways to set standards when it comes to spa staffing and expectations is to?
- keep all policies “vague” in case you need to change your mind at a later date
- tell one person knowing that the information will be passed along to their co-workers
- create a Policies and Procedures handbook
- send text messages out to the staff as issues arise
Outside of the cost, what is one of the most important aspects to consider when deciding to rent a space for your massage therapy practice?
- Curb appeal
- Office supplies
- Limited Lending Company
- Limited Liability Company
- Limited, Leasing Company
- Limited, Liability, Cash
More than 50% of business fail within __________________ (how long)?
- 24 months
- 18 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
When making decisions, it is important to ________?
- Not report your income to the IRS
- Always assume you will make more money than you originally plan
- Not sign any type of leasing agreement
- Weigh out the pros and cons
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.