Business Practices for the Massage Therapist, 1 CE
Business Practices for the Massage Therapist
In this NCBTMB approved massage continuing education CEU, we’ll cover business aspects as related to the field.
As a massage therapist, your ethics and conduct in the field are just as important to your success as your skills. Knowing, understanding and integrating a code of eithics and standards of conduct into your work approach is not only expected, but essential in the field.
Recommended by the various professional massage and bodywork associations, developing, maintaining and continually striving to enhance a professional image helps, not only the individual massage therapist, but the overall field in order to preserve our “much strived for” credibility.
- Unlimited Test Taking
- Review practice exam before you read the course (optional)
- Important exam information is in BOLD throughout course
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification
- Courses are available immediately. All courses are online.
- Courses and certificates are available for one year only. Please make sure to save your certificates.
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
- Courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other national associations for massage license renewal
- View “Our Approvals” and “Instructions” on the top bar of the page or in the phone menu
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Only purchase courses for ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. Log out completely before making another purchase. Each student should have their own separate email address and own separate account.
- Fill out your billing details and student information including name, licensing # and state of renewal
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Several processes are taking place at one time. Please wait until all processes are complete (approximately 10 seconds).
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course
- Complete the COURSE EVALUATION and progress to the exam
- Pass the exam with 70% and your certificate is emailed to you (unlimited test taking)
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses
Business Practices for Massage Therapist Exam Questions
Why would a massage therapist decide to spend more time with a new client who has never had massage before?
- To explain the session, what the client can expect and to mention “professional draping standards”.
- To be sure the client understands the forms of payment accepted (cash only, no credit cards, etc.)
- To get to know a bit more about their personal or professional lifestyles.
- To share your credentials, awards and your educational background with the client.
How long (approximately) does it take someone to form an “opinion” or “first impression” about a person?
- 15 seconds
- 20 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 60 seconds
When dealing with complaints, it is helpful to be able to?
- Slip away, leaving a co-worker to deal with a customer complaint.
- “Think on your feet”
- Quickly find your manager
- Have a good hiding place
- Stance and facial expressions
- All of the answers are correct
- Attitude and tone
One of the best ways to set standards when it comes to spa staffing and expectations is to?
- keep all policies “vague” in case you need to change your mind at a later date
- tell one person knowing that the information will be passed along to their co-workers
- create a Policies and Procedures handbook
- send text messages out to the staff as issues arise
Outside of the cost, what is one of the most important aspects to consider when deciding to rent a space for your massage therapy practice?
- Curb appeal
- Office supplies
- Limited Lending Company
- Limited Liability Company
- Limited, Leasing Company
- Limited, Liability, Cash
More than 50% of business fail within __________________ (how long)?
- 24 months
- 18 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
When making decisions, it is important to ________?
- Not report your income to the IRS
- Always assume you will make more money than you originally plan
- Not sign any type of leasing agreement
- Weigh out the pros and cons
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.