Cultural Diversity and Professional Ethics, 1 CE
Cultural Diversity and Professional Ethics
Continuing Education in Massage Therapy. NCBTMB Approved Course
Your clients will likely include, not only diverse cultures, races, and ethnicities, but at times, those who are mentally and/or physically handicapped. Therefore, in order to promote your skills and knowledge as a massage therapist to culturally diverse clients, this massage therapy continuing education course will help sharpen your awareness of such differences and understanding the ramifications of bias, discrimination, and stereotyping is important.
Cultural awareness will help you to improve the quality of your massage sessions. In other words, this awareness will prove effective in eliminating barriers regarding culture to provide a positive influence on behaviors and practices within the massage industry.
Test Questions and Taking the Course
- Unlimited Test Taking
- Important information is highlighted throughout the course material for easy studying
- At the end of each lesson, you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move ahead to the next section.
- Once you’ve completed each section, complete the COURSE EVALUATION to move ahead to the EXAM QUESTIONS.
- You may take the exam as many times as you like to achieve the 70% passing grade.
- Even though THERE ARE NO GRADES (this is a pass/fail course), you may take the exam as many times as you like to meet the 70% pass rate.
- When you’ve completed the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to take your next course.
- MARK COMPLETE at the bottom of each lesson to move ahead to the next lesson.
Cultural Diversity and Professional Ethics Practice Exam
What is meant by the term “Cultural Diversity”?
- The ability to determine if a person has the same cultural practice and belief system as you
- The ability to understand and accept different cultural attitudes, practices, and belief systems
- The ability to determine where a person was born
- All of the answers are correct
Which generation used the first cell phone?
- Generation X
- Baby Boomers
- All the answers are correct
What does the term “Cultural Value” mean?
- One’s heritage
- One’s monetary stature
- One’s citizenship
- One’s religious preferences
Which law states that it is “against the law to discriminate against anyone with a disability in a workplace environment?”
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Occupational Hazards and Safety Act
- The American Veteran Act
- American Fair Housing Act
Many Americans prefer to keep approximately ____ inches of distance between others when holding a conversation.
In Asia, what common body language practiced in America is viewed as arrogant?
- Tilting head to one side
- Nodding head “yes’ while listening
- Resting hands on hips
- Slouching in stance
In which country is “crooking your finger to call someone over” considered obscene?
Certain cultures are hesitant of massage therapy or certain massage techniques due to
- All the answers are correct
- Interpersonal Belief
What does the Asian culture find offensive?
- People who eat off the same plate
- Drinking out of the same glass
- People who ask too many questions
- Touching the top of someone’s head
Which population is recorded as having the largest growth between 2000 – 2010?
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.