Cultural Diversity and Professional Ethics, 1 CE
Cultural Diversity and Professional Ethics
Continuing Education in Massage Therapy. NCBTMB Approved Course
Your clients will likely include, not only diverse cultures, races, and ethnicities, but at times, those who are mentally and/or physically handicapped. Therefore, in order to promote your skills and knowledge as a massage therapist to culturally diverse clients, this massage therapy continuing education course will help sharpen your awareness of such differences and understanding the ramifications of bias, discrimination, and stereotyping is important.
Cultural awareness will help you to improve the quality of your massage sessions. In other words, this awareness will prove effective in eliminating barriers regarding culture to provide a positive influence on behaviors and practices within the massage industry.
Cultural Diversity and Professional Ethics Practice Exam
MARK COMPLETE AT THE BOTTOM TO CONTINUE
You can download and print the Cultural Diversity Exam Here
What is meant by the term “Cultural Diversity”?
- The ability to determine if a person has the same cultural practice and belief system as you
- The ability to understand and accept different cultural attitudes, practices, and belief systems
- The ability to determine where a person was born
- All of the answers are correct
Which generation used the first cell phone?
- Generation X
- Baby Boomers
- All the answers are correct
What does the term “Cultural Value” mean?
- One’s heritage
- One’s monetary stature
- One’s citizenship
- One’s religious preferences
Which law states that it is “against the law to discriminate against anyone with a disability in a workplace environment?”
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Occupational Hazards and Safety Act
- The American Veteran Act
- American Fair Housing Act
Many Americans prefer to keep approximately ____ inches of distance between others when holding a conversation.
In Asia, what common body language practiced in America is viewed as arrogant?
- Tilting head to one side
- Nodding head “yes’ while listening
- Resting hands on hips
- Slouching in stance
In which country is “crooking your finger to call someone over” considered obscene?
Certain cultures are hesitant of massage therapy or certain massage techniques due to
- All the answers are correct
- Interpersonal Belief
What does the Asian culture find offensive?
- People who eat off the same plate
- Drinking out of the same glass
- People who ask too many questions
- Touching the top of someone’s head
Which population is recorded as having the largest growth between 2000 – 2010?
- You have 5 opportunities to take the test.
- The final exam questions are available for your review prior to the test. You may print/screenshot/take a photo of the questions so you have them available as you review the course. Write down your answers as you read through the course and then transfer them to the final exam.
- Important exam answer information is in BOLD throughout the course.
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification.
- Courses are available immediately
- All courses and certificates are available in your account for one year. Make sure to save your certifications. After 1 year, your account is no longer available.
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
- Courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other national associations for massage license renewal
- View “State Requirements”, “Our Approvals” and “Instructions” on the top bar of the website or in the phone menu
- If this course is part of a “course bundle”, you may only complete a total of 12 CE’S in one calendar day. This information is available on your receipt of purchase and in the bundle description.
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Fill out your billing details and student licensing information (student name, licensing number, renewal state). The student information must appear on the certificate in order to meet licensing renewal requirements.
- ONLY PURCHASE FOR ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. LOG OUT COMPLETELY FOR A NEW PURCHASE. EACH STUDENT REQUIRES THEIR OWN SEPARATE PURCHASE, DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEIR OWN SEPARATE ACCOUNT.
- Check your certificate for this information. If you are missing information, see the Contact Us link on the top bar.
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Please wait while it processes. The screen will fade for a moment while all the processes complete.
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course
- Complete the COURSE EVALUATION and progress to the exam
- Pass the exam with 70% and your certificate is emailed to you
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses.
- Save each certificate as you complete the class. Your certificates and your account are available for one year.
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.