Immune System and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
Immune System and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
NCBTMB Approved Massage Continuing Education
As a massage therapist, it’s important to understand the basics of the anatomy and physiology of the immune system. You may be asked to provide massage for clients diagnosed with autoimmune conditions that may affect your treatment or therapy approaches. This course is designed to provide you with the information you need in order to:
- Learn how the immune system and its components function
- Understand the benefits of massage therapy for autoimmune disorders
- Identify common signs and symptoms of immune system dysfunction
- Differentiate between indications and contraindications of massage for specific conditions
- Identify the most common autoimmune system disorders
- Refresh your ability to define which technique is most beneficial for your client based on condition or need
- Understand the pros and cons of steam therapies and wraps for a client dealing with an immune system disorder
In your massage practice, you’ll often be relied on to make informed decisions regarding the safety and benefits of specific massage techniques for your clients that enhance immune system function, relieve pain, and provide physiological as well as psychological benefits. Your knowledge and understanding of massage techniques can very well enhance the quality of life for your clients diagnosed with psoriasis, lupus, lymphedema, diabetes, or irritable bowel syndrome, and other autoimmune disorders or conditions.
Immune System and Massage, Exam Questions
- What is not a component of blood:
- White blood cells are found in ___________ fluid:
- The two main lymph ducts found in the body are:
- Identify the organ that does not belong to the lymphatic system:
- The immune system:
- Lymphedema is caused by:
- Lupus generally involves:
- Lupus erythematosus is also defined as:
- Common signs or complaints of phlebitis include:
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: None of the health topics presented here are intended to replace personal judgment nor medical treatment when indicated, nor are they intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always talk to your naturopathic physician about the use of these or any other adjunct modalities. This information is for educational purposes only.
You have 3 opportunities to take the test in order to meet the 70% passing grade
The final exam questions are available for your review prior to taking the course. You may Print, Screenshot or Take a Photo of the exam questions prior to reading the course. Answer the questions as you read through the course and use the answers to complete the final exam.
Important exam question information is in BOLD throughout course
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification
- Courses are available immediately. All courses are online.
- Courses and certificates are available for one year only. Please make sure to save your certificates as you complete each course.
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
- Courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other national associations for massage license renewal
- View “Our Approvals”, “State Requirements” and “Instructions” on the top bar of the website or on the phone menu
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Only purchase courses for ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. Log out completely before making another purchase. Each student should have their own separate email address and own separate account. You may not use the same email address or account for more than one student
- Fill out your billing details and student information including name, licensing # and state of renewal. The student information will appear on your certificates. Check your certificates to make sure you’ve included this information when you purchased. This information is required to be on your certificates by State Boards for license renewal.
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Several processes are taking place at one time. The screen will fade momentarily while the account is being processed. Please wait until all processes are complete (approximately 15 seconds). You will be directed back to your account
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course
- Complete the COURSE EVALUATION and progress to the exam
- Pass the exam with 70% and your certificate is emailed to you
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.