Immune System and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
Immune System and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
As a massage therapist, it’s important to understand the basics of the anatomy and physiology of the immune system. You may be asked to provide massage for clients diagnosed with autoimmune conditions that may affect your treatment or therapy approaches. This course is designed to provide you with the information you need in order to:
- Learn how the immune system and its components function
- Understand the benefits of massage therapy for autoimmune disorders
- Identify common signs and symptoms of immune system dysfunction
- Differentiate between indications and contraindications of massage for specific conditions
- Identify the most common autoimmune system disorders
- Refresh your ability to define which technique is most beneficial for your client based on condition or need
- Understand the pros and cons of steam therapies and wraps for a client dealing with an immune system disorder
In your massage practice, you’ll often be relied on to make informed decisions regarding the safety and benefits of specific massage techniques for your clients that enhance immune system function, relieve pain, and provide physiological as well as psychological benefits. Your knowledge and understanding of massage techniques can very well enhance the quality of life for your clients diagnosed with psoriasis, lupus, lymphedema, diabetes, or irritable bowel syndrome, and other autoimmune disorders or conditions.
Test Questions and Taking the Course
The exam questions are available for your review and printing prior to taking the exam. You may fill out the answers as you read the material to prepare for the same quiz at the end of the course. The answers are highlighted throughout the course material. At the end of each lesson, you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move ahead to the next section. Once you’ve completed each section, complete the COURSE EVALUATION to move ahead to the EXAM QUESTIONS. You may take the exam as many times as you like to reach the 70% passing grade. Once you’ve passed the exam with a 70%, you may print or download and save your certificate. Even though THERE ARE NO GRADES (this is a pass/fail course), you may take the exam as many times as you like to meet the 70% pass rate. Once you’ve completed the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to take your next course. You must MARK COMPLETE at the bottom of each lesson to move ahead to the next lesson.
All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable (and PDF downloading) certification. It is suggested to download and save each certificate upon completion since the certificates and the course materials are only available for one year from the date of purchase.
Immune System and Massage, Exam Questions
- What is not a component of blood:
- White blood cells are found in ___________ fluid:
- The two main lymph ducts found in the body are:
- Identify the organ that does not belong to the lymphatic system:
- The immune system:
- Lymphedema is caused by:
- Lupus generally involves:
- Lupus erythematosus is also defined as:
- Common signs or complaints of phlebitis include:
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: None of the health topics presented here are intended to replace personal judgment nor medical treatment when indicated, nor are they intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always talk to your naturopathic physician about the use of these or any other adjunct modalities. This information is for educational purposes only.
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.