Currently, we understand Florida to require the following:
Complete 24 CE hours for license renewal by August 31 of every odd-numbered year. These 24 hours must include:
- At least 2 hours in Ethics, 2 hours in Medical Error Prevention, and 2 hours in Florida Laws and Rules (mandatory requirements). These courses can be taken online with MassageCELearningTree.
- 6 Additional “General” CE online/home study courses of your choosing may be taken online with MassageCELearningTree.
- You can complete 12 CE online with MassageCELearningTree.
- The remaining 12 CE Hours must be completed live or online via webinar (webinar classes online valid only for the 2019-2021 renewal period). We do not offer webinar or video classes for Florida Massage Licensing Renewal.
- One Time Only Requirement, Due by January 1, 2021, Human Trafficking, 1 CE *Please note, National Certification (NCBTMB) does not approve this topic for NCBTMB Continuing Education Hours and we do not offer this course.
We Report your CE Hours to CEBroker**
**Your completed CE Hours are reported to CEBroker within 24 hours when your Florida MA licensing number and the state of Florida is listed correctly in your account and before you complete any classes. CE Hours do not forward to CEBroker if you update your MA licensing number after you complete your classes. If you complete your classes and forgot to list your licensing number, see SELF-REPORTING TO CEBroker.
All courses are accepted by AMTA, ABMP and NCBTMB
Students may also “Self-Report” their own hours – follow instructions below:
Self-Reporting CEBROKER, FLORIDA
Log into or create your free account at www.cebroker.com
Licensees click on the How to Report link under that reporting option to see an overview of the questions.
Choose the reporting option, “Organized and accepted courses of study offered by providers approved by the NCBTMB”
Once logged into your account with CEBROKER, click REPORT CE and then click BEGIN next to “Organized and accepted courses of study offered by providers approved by the NCBTMB”
Use the following information to report your courses to CEBROKER:
Provider Name: Jeannette Cunniff
NCBTMB #: 450015-06
Florida Board of Massage Therapy
Department of Health
Board of Massage Therapy
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330
From the Florida Board of Massage, August 24, 2020
In response to COVID-19, the Florida Board of Massage Therapy approved additional changes to the continuing education (CE) rule allowing hands-on courses typically required in a classroom or in-person setting to be taken via distance learning for the 2019-2021 renewal cycle, as follows:
Notwithstanding any other provision of this rule, for the 2019-2021 biennial renewal period, all CE required by this rule may be completed by distanced learning.
(64B7-28.009(4)(g), Florida Administrative Code)
This rule provision will allow you to offer courses typically required via classroom instruction (in the presence of an instructor and including hands-on participation by the licensee and/or demonstration by the instructor) by distance learning for this biennium.
Department of Health | Division of Medical Quality Assurance
Bureau of HCPR | Florida Board of Massage Therapy
4042 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-06
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3261