Course Content Learning Objectives
This course on Communicable Diseases, HIV/AIDS is designed to provide you with basic knowledge and information that every massage therapist should know in order to:
- Understand the difference between HIV and AIDS
- Learn how HIV is transmitted
- Know how HIV is diagnosed
- Understand how the immune system works
- Increase understanding regarding therapeutic massage benefits for your HIV/AIDS patients
- Identify and practice industry guidelines and standards
- Enhance your knowledge regarding OSHA’s blood-borne pathogen standard
- Utilize proper sanitation techniques in the workplace
- Protect yourself and your clients from cross-contamination
- Provide physical, emotional, and psychological well-being to your HIV or AIDS clientele
As a massage therapist, you’re going to come into contact with clients who do have medical conditions, including HIV and AIDS. Educating yourself regarding the history, progression, and forms of transmission of HIV/AIDS disease processes will enhance your ability to provide professional, safe, and compassionate care to all your clients.
All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable/downloadable certification. A passing grade of 70% is needed and no points or grades appear on your certificate. You may take the exam as many times as needed to reach 70%.
Prior to reviewing the course materials, we suggest printing the “exam review questions”. In order to do this, you will need to go to the end of each “lesson” and mark the “MARK COMPLETE” button. Once you have “MARKED COMPLETE” at the end of each lesson, you may view/print the “Practice Exam”.
The practice questions are in PDF and found at the very end of the course. As you review the course material, you will find that many of the “key points” to the exam are in BOLD.
Return to the lessons and review the course materials. Massage CE Learning Tree allows you to return to the course materials even after marking “Mark Complete” at the end of each section.