NCBTMB Approved Massage Continuing Education
This course on Communicable Diseases, HIV/AIDS is designed to provide you with basic knowledge and information that every massage therapist should know in order to:
- Understand the difference between HIV and AIDS
- Learn how HIV is transmitted
- Know how HIV is diagnosed
- Understand how the immune system works
- Increase understanding regarding therapeutic massage benefits for your HIV/AIDS patients
- Identify and practice industry guidelines and standards
- Enhance your knowledge regarding OSHA’s blood-borne pathogen standard
- Utilize proper sanitation techniques in the workplace
- Protect yourself and your clients from cross-contamination
- Provide physical, emotional, and psychological well-being to your HIV or AIDS clientele
As a massage therapist, you’re going to come into contact with clients who do have medical conditions, including HIV and AIDS. Educating yourself regarding the history, progression, and forms of transmission of HIV/AIDS disease processes will enhance your ability to provide professional, safe, and compassionate care to all your clients.
- All courses are fully online with immediate grading
- Certificates are emailed to you once you’ve successfully pass the course
- A passing grade of 70% is needed to pass and no points or grades appear on your certificate.
- Unlimited test taking
- See a practice exam of questions before you start the course
- “MARK COMPLETE” button at the end of each lesson to move to the next chapter
- You will find that many of the “key points” to the exam are in BOLD.
- Once you’ve completed the exam, return to MY ACCOUNT to continue onto the next course.