NCBTMB Approved Massage Continuing Education
This course on Communicable Diseases, HIV/AIDS is designed to provide you with basic knowledge and information that every massage therapist should know in order to:
- Understand the difference between HIV and AIDS
- Learn how HIV is transmitted
- Know how HIV is diagnosed
- Understand how the immune system works
- Increase understanding regarding therapeutic massage benefits for your HIV/AIDS patients
- Identify and practice industry guidelines and standards
- Enhance your knowledge regarding OSHA’s blood-borne pathogen standard
- Utilize proper sanitation techniques in the workplace
- Protect yourself and your clients from cross-contamination
- Provide physical, emotional, and psychological well-being to your HIV or AIDS clientele
As a massage therapist, you’re going to come into contact with clients who do have medical conditions, including HIV and AIDS. Educating yourself regarding the history, progression, and forms of transmission of HIV/AIDS disease processes will enhance your ability to provide professional, safe, and compassionate care to all your clients.
You will be allowed to take the test three (5) times. After 5 attempts, the exam will lock and you will not be able to retake the exam.
If there are Green Checks Marks by the course material or the exams, the chapter or course has already been taken. If you have not completed these chapters or the exam with this new purchase, please STOP and contact me.
If this course is part of a bundle that you’ve purchased, you are limited to completing only 12 CE’S in the bundle in one calendar day. This is a STATE LAW requirement. Each course has the number of CE’S next to the course title. You are required to follow the state laws when completing online/distance courses!
The final exam questions are available for your review prior to the test. You may screenshot/take a photo of the questions so you have them available as you review the course. Write down your answers as you read through the course and then transfer them to the final exam.
Important exam answer information is in BOLD throughout the course.
MARK COMPLETE at the end of each section to advance through the course
Exam answers are multiple choice
Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
Once you’ve passed the exam, return to MY ACCOUNT to continue with other courses
Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification and “no points” listed in your account
Courses are available immediately
All courses and certificates are available in your account for one year. Make sure to save your certifications. After 1 year, your account information closes and is no longer available.