Texas Human Trafficking Prevention, 1 CE
The Texas Human Trafficking Prevention Training, 1 CE course is approved by the State of Texas and meets the requirements for license renewal for health care practitioners (including massage therapists) seeking a non-credit, 1 CE course. This mandatory course meets the requirements of House Bill 2059. This course is approved for the State of Texas only.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will have the current, evidence based information and tools necessary to accurately identify and intervene in situations of suspected human trafficking. Specific learning objectives are listed to ensure such knowledge:
- Defining elements of human trafficking
- Recognition of human trafficking vulnerability factors
- Trafficking dynamics such as traffic or recruitment techniques
- Discuss the negative health impact of human trafficking in clinical settings, including chronic medical problems
- Describe the mental and emotional toll on human trafficking victims
- Overcome challenges in assessment of human trafficking victims and in healthcare settings
- Initiating compassionate screening and trauma-informed approaches to victims of human trafficking
- Define the role of professional healthcare providers when responding to trafficked patients that includes documentation
- Describing intervention/responses by healthcare professionals for potential trafficking victims
- Identify and list human trafficking resources
Massage CE Learning Tree would like to thank the “Coalition to Combat Human Trafficking” in Texas for introducing us to Pang Nhai, a survivor of human trafficking. Pang Nhai offered her own firsthand experience and personal insight in human trafficking while reviewing this course. Her feedback was essential in the development of this class.
- One exam question at the end of course related to the mandatory completion of the course for Texas Healthcare Practitioner License Renewal (Answer: YES)
- Course is available immediately
- The course is available online only
- Save your certificate upon completion of this course or you may download and print via your account up to one year from the date of purchase
- This course is approved by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission in accordance to HB 2059
- This course is available to all Texas Healthcare Practitioners
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted continuing education provider for the State of Texas since 2015
- Find a course or course bundle of interest
- Read the course description
- Add to cart/View the cart/Proceed to check out
- Fill out your billing details: name (mandatory), licensing # (optional) and state (mandatory)
- Place order (there is a short delay as we build your account). Please wait while it processes
- All courses are immediately available in your account
Navigating The Courses
- Once purchased, you will be redirect to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click directly on the course title
- MARK COMPLETE at the end of each lesson to progress through the course to the 1 question exam
- Save or print your certificate upon completion of the course. This certificate is not emailed to you.
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” to take any additional courses purchased or LOG OUT
- LOG OUT and/or LOG IN at any point during your studies to continue on with your courses
Texas Massage Continuing Education
Texas Massage License Renewal
TDLR (Texas Division of License Renewal)
Texas Massage CEU
Texas Massage CE
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.