Prevention of Medical Errors, 2 CE
Prevention of Medical Errors
Since medical errors impact the health care system and the high cost of health care insurance, it is imperative that all massage therapists understand the effects of medical errors in order to reduce their rate of occurrence and to protect the general public.
**All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable certification. Courses are available for one year from date of purchase.
Test Questions and Taking the Course
The exam questions are available for your review and printing prior to taking the exam. You may fill out the answers as you read the material to prepare for the same quiz at the end of the course. The answers are highlighted throughout the course material. At the end of each lesson, you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move ahead to the next section. Once you’ve completed each section, complete the COURSE EVALUATION to move ahead to the EXAM QUESTIONS. You may take the exam as many times as you like to reach the 70% passing grade. Once you’ve passed the exam with a 70%, you may print or download and save your certificate. Even though THERE ARE NO GRADES (this is a pass/fail course), you may take the exam as many times as you like to meet the 70% pass rate. Once you’ve completed the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to take your next course. You must MARK COMPLETE at the bottom of each lesson to move ahead to the next lesson.
All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable (and PDF downloading) certification. It is suggested to download and save each certificate upon completion since the certificates and the course materials are only available for one year from the date of purchase.
Prevention of Medical Errors Final Exam Practice Quiz
You can download and print a copy of the final exam questions HERE
1. According to the publication “To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System”, The Institute of Medicine states that as many as ____________Americans died as a result of medical errors at the time of the report:
2. Spurred by the above statistics, many U.S. state legislatures advocated a ________________ for every professional regarding ways to prevent medical errors.
A) 1 Hour course
B) 2 Hour course
C) 3 Hour course
D) 4 Hour course
3. The following are all defined as “Sentinel Events” by the Joint Commission (JC) except:
A) An admitted infant or a toddler dies an unexpected death
B) An admitted infant or toddler is not handed to the rightful parents or
C) A patient administered with wrong blood transfusion leading to serious complications
D) A fall down the stairs in your own home after mixing drugs and alcohol
4. In the case of a “sentinel event”, the JC requires the entire event reenacted within _____ days of the identification of the event.
5. According to Florida law, adverse incidents must be reported to the Agency for Healthcare Administration within _________ days of the occurrence.
6. JC stated that more than half of the sentinel events culminate either in death or complete loss of function of limb because of delays in:
A) Attending to the patient
B) Phoning the MD
C) Finding transportation to the hospital
D) The arrival of ambulances
7. Incorrect prescriptions or wrong reading of prescriptions accounts for what percentage of cases?
A) .2 to 10%
B) .2 to 15%
C) .2 to 18%
D) .2 to 20%
8. Five diseases or conditions most prone to wrong diagnosis and more likely to lead to deaths are:
A) Cancer, neurological conditions, acute abdomen, surgical complications, depression-related conditions
B) Cancer, neurological conditions, acute abdomen, surgical complications, skin-related conditions
C) Cancer, neurological conditions, acute abdomen, surgical complications, weight-related conditions
D) Cancer, neurological conditions, acute abdomen, surgical complications, pregnancy-related conditions
9. What percentage of cancer patients are either wrongly diagnosed at
different phases of their illness or there is an abnormal amount of time
taken to make the right diagnosis?
10. Ectopic pregnancy accounts for approximately how many pregnancy related deaths?
A) 5 to 8%
B) 9 to 15%
C) 16 to 18%
D) 19 to 20%
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.