Please note that massage therapy laws change frequently and vary from state to state. Although we try to provide the most accurate information available, ultimately it is the responsibility of the student to contact their state licensing bureau to verify massage licensing renewal requirements.
Currently, we understand Oregon to require the following: (Covid-19 Response Below)
- 25 CE hours are required every 2 years for license renewal
- 15 of those 25 CE hours must be live, in classroom
- 4 of those 15 CE hours must be live in ethics
- 10 CE hours (of the 25 CE hours required) can be taken via home study/online courses
Covid-19 Response for Massage Licensing Renewal During State Emergency
- The number of required CE hours is reduced from 25 hours to 12 hours for completed renewal applications received in the Board office between March 24, 2020, to the date at which time the Governor lifts the statewide state of emergency, only. ORS 687.051 (5) requires renewal applicants to complete a minimum of 12 CE hours. The Board is unable to waive or suspend statutory requirements, and unable to reduce the minimum hours to less than the 12 hours required by statute.
- The requirement of “contact” or “classroom” hours is waived until the state of emergency is lifted. The 12 required CE hours may be contact, non-contact, or both.
- The one hour Cultural Competency CE is a statutory requirement under ORS 413.450 and must be completed. The Cultural Competency may be completed as either a “non contact” or a “contact” CE course, and may be applied towards the 12 required CE hours.
Please visit the state licensing board to verify massage licensing renewal requirements or for further information.
Please note that all courses taken with Massage CE Learning Tree can be used for NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) recertification, NCBTMB Approved Provider #450015-06.