This course is an introduction to essential oils and the use of aromatherapy in a massage therapy setting. It offers the massage therapist guidelines on safe practice and protocols and is not intended to offer diagnostics, prescriptions or treatments.
In this course, you will learn:
- Aromatherapy Explained
- The History of Aromatherapy
- What are Essential Oils?
- Various Ways Aromatherapy Finds Ways Into The Body
- The Effects of Essential Oils on the Body, Mind and Spirit
- Safety Guidelines, Cautions, Contraindications, Indications and Benefits of Oils
- Purity and Storage
- Carrier Oils and Mixing Guidelines
- Extraction Methods
- Oils to Avoid
- Pregnancy Guidelines
- Eye Pillows, Cold / Hot Compress, Diffuser, Massage, Bath and Lotion Guidelines
- Therapeutic Properties and Benefits of Specific Oils
- Oils That Compliment and Blend Lovingly
- Harvest and Origin
- Botanical Description
- 30+ Popular Oils
Dozens of beautiful photographs and essential oil tips to enhance any massage therapy session.
All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable certification.
Prior to reviewing the course materials, we suggest printing or viewing the “exam review questions”.
These questions are found at the beginning of the “Lessons”. As you move through the course curriculum, you will see that many of the “key points” are highlighted and pertain to the exam.