Professional Ethics, Roles, and Boundaries in Massage Therapy, 2 CE
Professional Ethics, Roles and Boundaries, 2 CE
This NCBTMB approved massage continuing education course focuses on “Professional Ethics, Roles and Boundaries” in the massage therapy field. We will explore the professional role of the massage therapist in the therapeutic relationship.
Having the ability to “read” different situations and “redirect energy” is vital in today’s society and in our field.
Students will have the opportunity to learn how to effectively handle complex psychological situations that are relevant to the massage therapy field. Topics to be covered include:
- Power Differentials
- Personal Ethics vs. Professional Ethics
- Client / Therapist Relationships
- How to Establish and Maintain Professional Boundaries
- Various Boundaries; What They Are
- Communication; Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Trauma and Emotional First Aid in Session
- Sexual Boundaries, Sexual Abuse and Statics
- Prevention of Sexual Abuse in the Workplace
- Dual Relationships
- Dynamics of Relationships
- Drama Triangle vs. Empowerment Triangle
Exam Questions and Taking The Exam
- Unlimited Test Taking
- MARKING COMPLETE at the end of each lesson will progress you through the course to the exam
- Review and download a copy of the practice exam questions before you read the course (optional)
- Answers to important information for the exam are in BOLD throughout the course
- Exam answers are multiple choice
- Certificate is emailed to you when you pass the exam with 70%
- Courses are pass/fail. No grades appear on your certification
- All courses are NCBTMB Approved (#450015-06)
- Massage CE Learning Tree has been a trusted massage continuing education provider for state and NCBTMB courses since 2015
Navigating the Course
- Once purchased, you will be directed to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Scroll down and click on the course title to start the course
- At the end of each section you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move onto the next lesson.
- Once you’ve completed the course, you will fill out a course evaluation
- You will then be directed to the exam
- Once you’ve passed the exam with 70%, you will receive your certification via email
- Return to “MY ACCOUNT” if you have additional courses to complete
Define “Power Differentials”
What is a “Boundary”?
What is considered a “boundary” in massage?
Where can a massage therapist learn more about boundaries in massage?
What is a “non-verbal” clue that a client might show during a massage?
Why does a massage therapist offer “Emotional First-Aid”?
What issues does “sexual misconduct” encompass?
In order to protect yourself legally, what should you do?
What should you consider before hiring someone?
What are the different roles in the “Drama Triangle”?
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.