Diabetes and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
Diabetes and Massage Therapy, 2 CE
NCBTMB Approved Massage Continuing Education
As a massage therapist, you will encounter clients diagnosed with various medical conditions. One of those medical conditions is diabetes mellitus.
- This course will allow you to gain the skills and knowledge in order to:
- Define the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes.
- Recognize the most common signs and symptoms of diabetes and common diabetic complications.
- Understand the varied benefits that massage offers to diabetic clients.
- Identify contraindications and cautions for diabetic massage.
- Explain a variety of complementary therapies that can be used in conjunction with massage to help your clients avoid diabetic complications.
- Understand how massage can help stabilize blood sugar through relaxation and stress relief.
As a massage therapist, it is your responsibility to share information with your clients on the precautions as well as the benefits of massage. The benefits and cautions of massage will largely depend on their current state of health. Your educational background should help you in identifying unmanaged diabetes or advanced diabetic conditions. This knowledge ranges from the importance of clients testing blood sugar levels prior to and following massage to both the therapist and the client’s ability to recognizing symptoms of hypoglycemia, potential temporary disorientation, and other factors that have an effect on the overall health and wellness of your clients.
Diabetes currently affects over 14 million Americans today, the majority of which are diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Understanding the processes that contribute to a diagnosis of diabetes, how certain body organs are affected by the disease, and how massage can help ensure that the massage therapist has the foundation to provide the most beneficial massage techniques available to their clients.
**All courses are fully online with immediate grading and instant, printable certification. All courses are available for one year from date of purchase.
Test Questions and Taking the Test
- Unlimited Test Taking
- See the practice exam before starting the course
- Important exam information is highlighted throughout the course material.
- All answers are multiple choice.
- At the end of each lesson, you must click the MARK COMPLETE button to move ahead to the next section.
- Once you’ve completed each section, complete the COURSE EVALUATION to move ahead to the EXAM QUESTIONS.
- Once you’ve passed the exam with a 70%, you may print or download and save your certificate.
- You may take the exam as many times as you like
- Once you’ve complete the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to take your next course. You must MARK COMPLETE at the bottom of each lesson to move ahead to the next lesson.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: None of the health topics presented here are intended to replace personal judgment nor medical treatment when indicated, nor are they intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always talk to your naturopathic physician about the use of these or any other complimentary modalities. This information is for educational purposes onl
All courses are completely online. Each course exam is graded instantly and, once you pass the multiple choice exam with 70%, your "Certificate of Completion" is immediately available for printing. All course information is available for one year from the date of purchase. The student has an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the exam.
Exams consist of either 5, 10 or 15 multiple choice questions. The exam may be downloaded and printed in advance for easier studying.
All of our courses have NCBTMB approval.