Business Practices for the Massage Therapist
**Scroll to the bottom to start the course
The following is a list of practice exam questions. You can Download the Practice Quiz here. Refer to the practice exam as you review the course material. You will find that many of the “key points” are highlighted in BOLD in the course material. Once you are confident with your answers, complete the course evaluation. Upon completion of the course evaluation, you are automatically taken to the final exam.
You will need a 70% to pass the test in order to receive your certification and you may take the exam an unlimited number of times in order to reach 70%. This is a pass/fail exam. There are no scores that show on your certificate.
You must mark the Mark Complete button at the bottom of the page in order to continue onto the next lesson.
When you complete the course, return to MY ACCOUNT to access any remaining courses.
Business Practices for Massage Therapists Exam
Why would a massage therapist decide to spend more time with a new client who has never had massage before?
- To explain the session, what the client can expect and to mention “professional draping standards”.
- To be sure the client understands the forms of payment accepted (cash only, no credit cards, etc.)
- To get to know a bit more about their personal or professional lifestyles.
- To share your credentials, awards and your educational background with the client.
How long (approximately) does it take someone to form an “opinion” or “first impression” about a person?
- 15 seconds
- 20 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 60 seconds
When dealing with complaints, it is helpful to be able to?
- Slip away, leaving a co-worker to deal with a customer complaint.
- “Think on your feet”
- Quickly find your manager
- Have a good hiding place
- Stance and facial expressions
- All of the answers are correct
- Attitude and tone
One of the best ways to set standards when it comes to spa staffing and expectations is to?
- keep all policies “vague” in case you need to change your mind at a later date
- tell one person knowing that the information will be passed along to their co-workers
- create a Policies and Procedures handbook
- send text messages out to the staff as issues arise
Outside of the cost, what is one of the most important aspects to consider when deciding to rent a space for your massage therapy practice?
- Curb appeal
- Office supplies
- Limited Lending Company
- Limited Liability Company
- Limited, Leasing Company
- Limited, Liability, Cash
More than 50% of business fail within __________________ (how long)?
- 24 months
- 18 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
When making decisions, it is important to ________?
- Not report your income to the IRS
- Always assume you will make more money than you originally plan
- Not sign any type of leasing agreement
- Weigh out the pros and cons